Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Just Another Day

Today is a day I would refer to as The Day After, but it is just another day. There are so many days after that I cannot even keep count. I am referring of course to the day after a huge fight. The story goes like this: I go to sleep miserable, in tears, and depressed and I wake up to a husband who acts as though nothing happened. I am once again expected to be the obedient, pleasant wife who takes care of his every need, refusing to address serious and crucial issues. Everything just gets bottled up and one day it will explode. It's just a question of when. I tell him this all of the time, but it does not phase him. He chooses to ignore it and move on with his life. He refuses to admit that we need help and that things cannot stay this way but he's too much of a "man" to admit that. Admitting it is a sign of weakness in his opinion and that can never happen. Of course not. So where does that leave me? Sad, overwhelmed, and overburdened. Sure, I can be distracted by my day-to-day life for the time being, and even smile from time to time when my kids bring me joy, but what good does that do? Disguise my pain temporarily? For how long this time? That is probably the most important question I can ask myself right now. The even more pressing question is what can be done to make things better? How do I get my voice heard? Six and half years of marriage and the core of my being is dwindling away...When did I stop having a say, a real say?

No comments:

Post a Comment