Monday, April 26, 2010

Life Goes On

Here I am, a week later, and not much has changed. The worst has passed and things have gone back to "normal." By normal, I mean, life. Life goes on, right? The laundry must be done, the kids bathed, dinner made and so on. I have no escape, if I don't do these things, no one will. I have responsibilities that cannot be ignored but I feel as though when it comes to his home life, he does not. In additon, any inconvenience is my fault or turns into my concern. He can't fall asleep? I need to make sure that he does so that he isn't tired for work the next day. He' hungry? I have to make sure he has something to eat otherwise I won't be able to go to sleep. This goes on and on, no joke. People say that after you have kids things change and the romance is gone for the most part. I get that, I really do. It makes sense after all. But this is ridiculous, and he doesn't even see or acknowledge how bad it has gotten. I resent that he always has the last word. He doesn't use physical violence but he is so manipulative and always, always gets his way. After he has won an argument once again, I feel like a miniature version of myself, in a very negative way. I just continue to hope that nothing more blows up, and that maybe, just maybe things will get better. Am I just dreaming?

1 comment: